Restorative Yoga Teacher Training: The Art of Presence
In a culture where “more” is glorified, “more” poses, “more” skills, “more” distraction…restorative yoga is the art of learning to do, seek, and require less to feel whole. Less to connect with who you are. It’s profoundly simple, and the beauty of it is you already have all the tools you need, they just need to be cultivated to grow!
The skill of teaching Restorative Yoga must begin with the embodied practice of Restorative Yoga. In this immersive training you will learn to establish a practice of presence…a solid foundation from which to teach.
- Establish a regular restorative yoga practice
- Learn about the influence of the meridian system and energy body in restorative practice
- Learn to theme and sequence effective restorative practices
- Refine prop set ups for a variety of bodies
- Learn transitions between restorative poses and gentle movement to accompany the practice
- Refine the art of space, silence and intentional language in teaching restorative yoga
- Learn simple and adaptable assists and therapeutic touch
- Learn simple guided meditations
- Learn from observation, experience and practice teaching
For full certification of course the following non-contact hours are also required:
- a documented 30 day restorative yoga practice
- 3 hours of observation and assisting restorative yoga classes or one-on-ones
- required course reading (see below)
- one written and filmed restorative yoga practice
- 3 hours of practice teaching outside of the class room with a filled out review from the student.
Friday 9:30-1:00 and 2:00-5:00
Saturday 9:30-1:00 and 2:00-5:00
Self Investment $275 Early Bird
16CEU for RYTs
- Relax and Renew Judith Hanson Lassater
- Therapeutic Yoga ~Cheri Clampett and Arturo Peale