200hr+ Small Group Teacher Training
If you so desire to teach yoga it is the intention of this program to leave you well prepared to begin. If you simply hope to deepen your practice then this is also developed for you! The program, as does the practice, begins with you. By strengthening your relationship with yoga as a physical, mental, emotional and spiritual support this program offers an authentic and rich platform for self-inquiry. You will learn from teachers deeply rooted in the Krishnamacharya tradition and dedicated to your development. Through this well established background you will develop your voice as a teacher and foundation in the practice! In addition each student will enjoy one-on-one mentorship during the program with the lead teacher. The mentorship component is a unique aspect of our program. Not only will you learn in a group setting, but also by deep personal practice under the guidance of a seasoned teacher. Students will be required to commit to a personal daily home practice or sadhana. It is this sadhana that is the platform for authentic teaching; teaching that comes from dedicated living experience. It is our aim to re-establish a deep connection and reverence for the practice by cultivating dedicated, ethical and truly educated students and teachers interested and committed to yoga as a way of life. While we will go in depth into vinyasa krama and yoga asana this program pays special attention to all limbs of yoga including theory, ethical tenets, pranayama, pratyahara, mantra, and meditation.
Explore the transformative effects of an intelligent yoga practice…Come LIVE your yoga!
- The Origins and paths of yoga
- The Yoga Sutra of Patanjali: Theory and Practice
- The Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- Vinyasa Krama and the Teachings of Krishnamacharya
- Pranayama and Mudra for the internal organs
- Skillful Assists
- Intelligent and Effective Sequencing
- Daily Sadhana (practice)
- Guided Asana, pranayama, mantra and meditation daily during program.
- Finding your voice and the use of language
- Theme and intention in teaching
- Introduction to Sanskrit and Sanskrit mantra
- Functional Anatomy for yoga
- Skillful use of props for asana and pranayama
- Practicum to refine your teaching skills
- Intro to Ayurveda- the sister science of yoga
- 6- 30 day personal practice journals
- 3- 40 day mantra practice journals
- one-on-one mentorship with a seasoned teacher
- and more!
- 2020: September 11-13 / October 9-11/ November 13-15 / December 11-13/
- 2021: January 8-10 / February 19-21/ March 12-14 / April 2-4 / May 1-2
Long weekend Hours:
- Fridays: 9:00-5:00p
- Saturdays: 8:00a-4:00p
- Sundays: 8:00a-4:00p
All attendance required to receive certification. Make up hours must be made up within a year of the missed date at an additional cost.
Required Course Reading:
- Yoga Sutra of Patanjali (Srivatsa Ramaswami’s teachings by Deepti Shankar- included in course price)
- The Vinyasa Krama Practice Manual (included in course price)
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika (translation by T. Krishnamacharya)
- Yoga for the Three Stages of Life (Srivatsa Ramaswami)
- The Complete Book of Vinyasa yoga (Srivatsa Ramaswami)
- Heart of Yoga (Desikachar)
- Bhagavad Gita
- Prakriti by Dr Robert Svoboda
- Light on Yoga by BKS Iyengar
- Roots of Yoga by James Mallinson